Tuesday 10 May 2022

New Member Profile

 Welcome to Dalewood, Dawn McMaster!

Born: Belleville 

I have played golf since I was a little kid. Hard to believe that means more than a half century!

I love the challenge of the game, the feeling when you hit a great shot (too rare!), and the social aspect of the sport. And I get to be outside - my happy place.

My goal for this year is to improve the consistency of my long game and to play smarter on/around the green. I also want to try more organized golf as opposed to ‘family rules'. And most importantly, meet others who enjoy the game.

My favourite hole is #8. Fun hole and delicious apples! My least favourite is #1. It is discouraging to start each game with a big number on the card. 

Favourite #19th hole drink would be a cold beer on a hot day.

I love to garden, cycle, hike and previously, ride horses.

Formerly a middle and high school science teacher, finishing my job as Director of Curriculum, MYP and DP Coordinator. I still teach occasionally for OISE. 

I am married with two grown children. My daughter sometimes plays with us at Dalewood.