Tuesday 4 January 2022

Jordan's Sock Drive

A note from Marlene Randall, grandmother of Jordan: 

"I want to thank you Sandi so very much for the initiative taken on your part to generate more socks to help individuals. 


My granddaughter Jordan has now completed  her 7th annual new sock drive. The total number of pairs of socks this year is 8,000.  Of that total 626 were collected and distributed in our area. Sandi and all her golf and/or hockey friends donated 120 pairs of the 626 total. Cornerstone took 51 pairs of women's socks and 26 pairs of a mix for tots, girls and boys.  77 pairs of men's socks went to Transition House and The Salvation Army took the remaining ones. All three locations expressed how thankful they were to receive these. The Salvation Army told me that this is one of the first items they run out of.

On behalf of my 12 year old granddaughter Jordan and myself  I wish to sincerely thank you for your generosity.  It is people like you that make a difference this crazy world."


We golfers contributed over 105 pairs to that 126 total - well done and thank you for your generosity!