Thursday 1 August 2024

IT'S NOT EVERYDAY WE GET TO CELEBRATE A 90th BIRTHDAY, BUT WE DID JUST THAT ON WEDNESDAY! A SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY(A FEW DAYS EARLY) FOR OUR BIRTHDAY GIRL - YVONNE SHANNON!!








A message to Dalewood's Women's Section


To all the wonderful members of the Women's Section who participated in the Surprise Birthday party to celebrate my upcoming 90th birthday, I just want to thank all of you.  In fact, it is the only surprise birthday party I have ever had so it means a lot to me.

A special thanks to Lynn, who hosted the wonderful event at her beautiful house and garden, but also to Patty and Barb, who helped getting me there without my knowledge of what was happening so that everyone was there to welcome me when I arrived.  And I want to thank everyone for the lovely gift from all of you that is having a lovely floral arrangement delivered to me bi-weekly for 3 months.  Such a wonderful idea, one that will remind me about my special day and all my wonderful friends.   

But let's not forget all the fantastic food that everyone brought.  Also a special thanks to Dianne for her beautiful Birthday Cake and also to Gail for her beautiful watermelon cake. They were both fantastic and enjoyed by me and everyone else. 

Everything was just perfect for me, and I think everyone had as good a time as I did.  

There is nothing else I can say, except thank you. Actually the only thing I can say is that I am sorry that a few had other arrangements and couldn't come, but they sure missed a wonderful afternoon.

Yvonne

P.S. I just remembered something, but I know you will forgive me because of who I am and my age! I received 3 bottles of lovely wine from 3 lovely women. They know who they are and I just wanted to send a special thanks to them.