Monday 6 November 2023

A note from Janet

Subject: Thank you for the Beautiful Flowers

 

Dear Sue,

 

Thank you for sending such a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  The timing was perfect as I just got home from the hospital after chemotherapy treatment.

When I was first diagnosed with cancer someone asked me what did I realize.  I answered very quickly that I had so many wonderful friends and family members who were there for me.  My Dalewood lady golfer friends are certainly in that group and I think of you all often.

Just a quick update on my progress.  I was on a clinical trial drug only available in the USA for 5 months and it did a nice job shrinking the main turmour but then unfortunately stopped working in September.  I have now completed 3 of the 4 main chemotherapy/target medication treatments by infusion.  I will get scans done in a few weeks and hopefully it will show that the chemotherapy is working.  I will move onto a maintenance infusion every 3 weeks.

I miss you all.  Have a great winter and Dennis and I are hoping we will be back in Canada and at Dalewood in the spring.

 

Janet