Tuesday 23 May 2023

A new member profile and a fundraiser

Although not a new member to Dalewood, Heather Ogden has joined the Women's Section this year. Here are her answers to the "new member questions":


Where were you born?  In Peterborough Hospital, and spent most of my life in the Roseneath area.


Where do you live now?  Cobourg


How long have you been golfing?  This is my sixth year of golf.


Previous clubs you belonged to?  I haven't been a member of any clubs prior to Dalewood.


Do you have any golfing goals this year?  My golfing goal is to bogey #'s 1, 9, and 14 in the same game.


Favourite post round drink?  I am not much of a drinker but a sparkling water and on occasion a rum and coke in a large glass would be my post round drink of choice.


Significant other, kids, grandkids, pets?  My husband Mark and I just had our first grandchild - Kannon Sakac on May 21. We have three girls: Kelsey, Julie, and Lauren. We have a dog Charlie, who is always happy to greet us when we get home from golf.


Other sports, hobbies, interests?  Mark and I love to golf. I love to walk, hike, ride my bike and ski, both downhill and cross-country. On the more calm side, I like to read, journal, and enjoy listening to health and wellness podcasts. I teach an exercise class online twice weekly.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anne Abbott would like us to be aware of a fundraiser for Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre. It is a garden tour in Cobourg on June 25. Ticket information is available on the link below: