Saturday 1 June 2019

Personal Achievement Board:

A message from Barb Pemberton:

It's hard to believe the month of May has whizzed by! I would like to commend those who have started recording their Achievements and I am impressed how many have succeeded in submitting several lower scores for their Ringer board. For those just getting started....pick your best game of the week and start submitting! We are all available to help if you have any questions!

I would like to explain why I need you to complete the slips and refrain from trying to be helpful by writing on the boards yourself. By the end of the season many have completed lots of slips which means many entries are made on all the boards. It also means there is a very good chance there can be ties, or very close results. When this happens, I review the pertinent slips to ensure nothing has been missed or entered incorrectly. If you have just written on the board, with no slip, or changed a number on the board, I have no backup to double check. If you think I have made an error, please check with me so we can review together. At the end of the day, we all want to know the boards were completed with as much accuracy as possible!

Also, if I look at your slip and think you might have put numbers in wrong spots etc., I am going to make a note on it and pin it back on the board close to your Ringer board. You can return it to the box after correction. This is much easier for me than emailing individuals, even though I do enjoy talking to all of you, I would just rather do it face to face!

Thanks for listening and wishing you lots of Achievement entries!

Matches are Posted

You can now check both the bulletin board and the blog (above on the tab) for the matches that you have signed up to play in. The first round must played by June 23. However, there are lots of second round matches that can be played if you don't have to wait for a bye.

Either person or team can take the initiative and contact your opponent to arrange some dates. The pro shop will accept dates for matches well in advance. 

The winner of the match should then contact the next person you have to play as soon as possible. 

Please don't wait until the last week before your "due date", because the weather just might not cooperate or other circumstances arise and then everyone else is delayed.